Chances are, you’ve already been to Starbucks today or plan to visit later. This brand has become a global powerhouse and doesn’t plan to curtail its plans to expand moving forward. I love my cup of Joe too (preferably Iced, thank you), but these are 10 mind-blowing facts about the bean giant that I’ll bet you didn’t know:
1. There are more than 87,000 possible drink combinations at Starbucks.
2. A grande coffee has 330 milligrams of caffeine, more than four times the amount of caffeine found in a Red Bull.
3. Starbucks uses 4 billion paper cups per year.
4. The company earned more than $1.25 billion in profit last year, enough to buy every American 2 cups of coffee.
5. Starbucks has grown an average of 2 stores every day for the last 27 years.
6. There are plans to open over 1,000 new stores in China in the next year alone.
7. The coffee giant spends more in employee health care than coffee beans each year.
8. The most loyal 20% of Starbucks customers visit the store at least 16 times monthly.
9. Sante Fe Springs, CA has the most Starbucks stores in a 25-mile radius with 560 stores!
10. In the week leading up to Christmas 2013, the company sold more than 2 million gift cards every single day.