You can also follow me on twitter (@terracecrawford) to catch the action. I’ll be on Snapchat and Instagram too, if you’re there (find me @terracecrawford).
I’m STOKED to announce that it was just confirmed I’ll be speaking at this year’s D6 Conference in Dallas, Texas! And I want YOU to join me and hundreds of other church leaders for the best Family Ministry Conference.
TODAY is a huge day… as it’s your last chance to SAVE BIG on tickets! You can save until midnight, so HURRY, and get registered [here].
Don’t forget, your Senior Pastor can join you free! Use the code: BRINGMYBOSS
The D6 Conference is the one family ministry conference designed to help your ministry team get on the same page to minister to the families in your city. We invite over 50 of the top family ministry leaders to lead you through a learning and planning process that you’ll never forget. The whole conference is centered around making sure that each member of your team has the chance to learn and grow together. You won’t believe what a difference it makes when your entire team dreams together at the same event.
“D6 feels less like a conference and more like being part of a movement that God is using to impact a generation.” – Brian Haynes
Go [here] and register NOW!
I really wanted to do something to help Small(er) Churches, so I’ve asked YouthMinistryPartners.com to team up with me to offer $1000 in Resources for Small(er) Churches!
One lucky church will get $1000 in Resources (including Downloadable Resources from MinistryDownloads.com + GROOVE Curriculum from YouthMinistryPartners.com and the brand-new release from Brad Fiscus & Stephanie Caro, Small(er) Church Youth Ministry: No Money, No Staff, No Problem!)
Enter the [giveaway here] for a chance to win some amazing resources for your ministry!
I cannot believe the Orange Conference Week is here! For my money, it is as good a three days as Christian leaders can get but I’m stoked to be a part of the Social Media team again this year. Click HERE to find out more about the Orange Conference.
The following are 7 Reasons I Personally Attend The Orange Conference and you should too:
- It Gives Me A Chance To Meet You – One of the highlights of this conference, without question, is getting the opportunity to meet my friends and followers! It is a wonderful opportunity to connect. Make sure to stop me and say “Hello!” if you see me.
- Reggie Joiner – Reggie is the Founder and CEO of Orange. Reggie does a great job helping equip leaders to reach the next generation. I will never forget his talk on “Tension” a couple of years ago. Still one of the best talks for ministry leaders I’ve ever heard (seek out the audio on it… and listen closely)!
- Keynote Sessions – Orange features some of the best speakers on the planet. It doesn’t get much better than speakers like Andy Stanley, Doug Fields, Reggie Joiner and others.
- The Most Practical Content – I absolutely LOVE practical stuff. For me, this is one of the benefits of attending Orange. Aside from the Keynote sessions, attending breakouts & workshops give you the chance to go a little deeper. I love it!
- The Tribal Gathering – When is the last time you were with 7,000 people who do what you do? That’s what it’s like attending this conference. You’re with your tribe for 3 days. People who have been there. People who get you. Hanging out with like-minded people for 3 days – there is nothing like it!
- FUN – While you feel like you are drinking from a fire house during the conference, it is SO much fun. You’ll laugh a LOT! Orange is one of the most fun, creative conferences I have ever attended!
- The Best Tools And Resources – Orange simply provides you with a great opportunity to pick up resources! You’ll walk away with some freebies from organizations on-site, but you’ll want to make sure you budget some funds to pick up quality resources while there!
If you have not decided yet, I can’t do any better! Click HERE for more information. I really hope to see you there!
If you can’t make it, just follow my social media channels (particularly my Twitter) for updates, the inside scoop, and great content! I’d also like to encourage you to follow these bloggers during the conference.
Full Disclosure: Orange is a sponsor of my Podcast. I am absolutely HONORED they think enough of my voice and my resources for Youth Workers, particularly, that they sponsor my content. Having said that, I would write every word of this post regardless of whether or not they exchanged any money with me. Truth!
Just announced a HUGE offer over at MinistryDownloads.com. I’ve put together dozens of downloadable resources I’ve created over the last few years, including some great resources to help you plan your Easter and beyond!
There are over $750 worth of resources including Sermon Series, Ready-to-Go graphics, Media Loops, Social Media helps, Games, and more… and you can get them ALL for ONLY $49 right now! This is a limited time offer, so head over to MinistryDownloads.com now and check it out!
I’m stoked to be able to announce that I have launched a brand-new resource site, MinistryDownloads.com! I’ve always wanted to create a hub where I could share resources that I’ve created and curated for ministry and ministry leaders, and just a couple of days ago it became a reality!
The site debuts on #BlackFriday – just mere hours away – with an Epic Resource Bundle of resources (over $500 worth of resources actually!) available for ONLY $49!!!
The FIRST 10 people to purchase the bundle when it releases will receive an additional bonus (we’re giving away gift cards, additional downloads, and other prizes too!). Sign-up here, to be notified when the bundle releases… as it will be released at a super secret, undisclosed time on Friday, November 25, 2016! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Check this out. Our friends at TheLifeBook.com want to give you FREE Life Books for your ministry! This is an amazing resource that you can use for outreach in your ministry — particularly with See You at the Pole, coming up at the end of September!
- What is The Life Book? The Life Book contains the Gospel of John (ESV) and includes interactive student comments and scripture helps for issues students face. Over 1.3 Million students have handed out nearly 20 Million Life Books since 2010.
- How Many LifeBooks can you request? Yes. Feel free to request up to 2,000 FREE Life Books and have your students hand them out all throughout the school year. This is a great way to foster an evangelistic mindset in students. (Our experience recommends you request 25 Life Books per student in your youth group to hand out.)
- Is it really free? Absolutely. No strings attached. They are completely funded by The Gideons International, an organization who has been responsible for dispersing over 90 Million Bibles in its existence!
- When is the deadline to order? You can get them at any time; however, if you want LifeBooks in time for See You at the Pole activities, you’ll need to request them by tomorrow, Friday, September 9th at TheLifeBook.com.
- More info? Visit www.TheLifeBook.com to find out more information or to request as many Life Books as you’d like.
This summer your students and adults may be embarking on a mission trip (whether short term or long term) and it’s important to cover this experience in prayer. Today I thought it would be helpful to share a number of things you can specifically pray for as you prepare:
7 Prayers You Can Pray for Your Mission Team:
1. Pray for the spiritual preparation of your team. Mission trips are not for the spiritually weak—they require recognition of the spiritual war we are facing. Pray that your teams will be spiritually prepared for the work and war they are sure to face. See Paul’s prayer for spiritual boldness in Ephesians 6:19.
2. Pray for the financial support of the mission team. When Jesus sent out his witnesses, he told them to trust the provision offered in the villages for their wages and sustenance (Matthew 10:9-10; Luke 10:4-8). Pray that God would meet the financial obligations of each team member and mission trip.
3. Pray for the health and safety of the mission team. Traveling to your mission destination can drastically affect the health and strength of mission team participants. Getting sick is just a normal part of travel (particularly if you are going international). However there is precedent for praying for the health and safety of mission teams in in travel. Pray that your teams will experience safe travel and health protection while on the mission trip.
4. Pray that the mission team will not let the platform take the place of the mission. In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus commissioned us to make disciples. That’s our mission. Sometimes need-based ministries (like construction projects, etc.) are the “platforms” that give opportunity for mission trips… and these projects can quickly become the measurement for success. Pray for your team— that the focus would be disciple-making, even while working through projects and platforms.
5. Pray for the flexibility of the mission team. Sometimes our mission plans require revision and flexibility. Acts 16:6-10 records Paul’s prevention by the Holy Spirit of going into Asia and the Macedonian call. Mission teams must learn to trust God’s plan, not their own, and be spiritually discerning. Pray that your teams will be flexible in their planning and discern what God wants to accomplish on the mission trip.
6. Pray for the spiritual wisdom and loving service of the mission team. One of Paul’s prayers for the Ephesian church was that they would grow in spiritual wisdom and depth of love (Ephesians 3:14-20). Mission team members need an abundance of wisdom and love, and God desires to provide it. Pray that your team members will be abundantly wise and discerning as well as filled with love for those whom they will serve and share with.
7. Pray for the spiritual development, strength and growth of the churches and organizations that your teams will work with. Paul encouraged, commended, challenged and prayed for the churches, elders and leaders of the Ephesian church before he finally parted ways with them (Acts 20:17-38). Mission teams are only a part of God’s ongoing work in the world. Churches, organizations, pastors and believers across the globe will continue God’s work far longer than a mission team serves on a mission trip. Pray for the partner churches, pastors and organizations to have strength, growth and success in fulfilling God’s disciple-making mission in their own context.
I just hosted Perry Noble on the latest episode of This Week in Youth Ministry Podcast.
Perry Noble is the Senior Pastor of NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC and author of the new book “The Most Excellent Way to Lead.” During my exclusive interview with Perry, we discuss his days as a youth pastor, his battle with depression, and his advice to leaders everywhere on the subject of Leadership.
As you listen to interview, share your thoughts on the Podcast on social media using the #ThisWeekinYM. Thanks for sharing with friends!