I’m LIVE blogging from the D6 Conference in Greensboro (NC). Today I’m sharing my notes with you from the General Session and keynote speaker, Ron Hunter.
Tweetable Quotes (and Highlights) from Ron Hunter:
- “We all have an X … a place we are going to die. If you knew the spot, where and when it was, how would you live differently?” @RonHunter
- “Today you should begin backwards discipleship planning as you anticipate your child’s X.” @RonHunter
- “As families we have taken our kids to church and have said to the leaders ‘You are the expert…you disciple my family.’ It cannot happen this way.” @RonHunter
- “We need to adopt the principles of healthy churches rather than the programs of healthy churches.” @RonHunter
- “Healthy churches don’t say ‘What’s Next?’ They simply redefine discipleship.” @RonHunter
- “Scripture defines discipleship not as an event but as a way of life.” @RonHunter Eph 4: Paul talking about bringing up families
Ps 78:6 We teach next generations
Matt 28: The Great Commission
- “When we are followers of Christ we are always on a journey as a student.” @RonHunter
- “We need to prepare our kids to defend their faith.” @RonHunter
- “If you wait until battle to prepare your kids you have already lost.” @RonHunter Timothy”s X ((2 Timothy 3:15))
- “Great discipleship reaches across generational lines.” @RonHunter
- “Most church staff meetings spend their time trying to figure out how to do church better when they should be helping parents how to figure out how to do home better.” @RonHunter
If you’re not at the D6 Conference, please follow along on social media using the hashtag #D62018 or my personal twitter, @TerraceCrawford.