I think about making an impact and the legacy I’m leaving (er not leaving…) a lot. And I do mean a lot! I shudder to think about the possibility that time would pass me by and students (and adults) who have been a part of our ministry would not be impacted in some way as a result of my leadership. I so desperately want to make a difference. I want to leave a legacy.
Just recently my buddy Josh Griffin tweeted this:
- When was the last time I prayed for the legacy of our youth ministry?
- What will people say about the ministry I was a part of today in 13 years?
- What kind of investment am I making now in students… and adults?
- Am I making decisions about our ministry keeping in mind that other ministers will succeed me?
- Am I intentional about creating ministry for transformation not just information?
What kind of questions or thoughts does this trigger for you?
Have you subscribed to my new feed? If not, click [here]. It’s easy.